Author: Marian Keyes
Birthday: 10 September 1963
Date: 14 June 2007
Where: Crawford College, Benmore
The Book: Anybody Out There (Penguin)
1. Who is your favourite hero of fiction?
Professor Dr. Moritz-Maria von Igelfeld from 2 1/2 Pillars of Wisdom by Alexander McCall Smith
2. What is your most treasured possession?
Nothing. Possessions possess you.
3. Which living person do you most dislike?
4. What is your greatest fear?
Being locked in a the boot of a car with a Rottweiler.
5. Who or what has been the greatest love of your life?
My husband, Tony – Himself.
6. What is your greatest regret?
The pain I caused my parents when I was drinking.
7. If you could choose to be a character in a book, who would it be?
Scarlett ‘O Hara – she’s a survivor.
8. Which book have you read the most in your lifetime?
The Big Book of the AA
9. What is your favourite journey?
Upstairs to bed.
10. Cats or Dogs? Which do you prefer?
Neither. Animals frighten me. Especially dogs.
11. What quality do you most admire in a woman?
Absence of guilt.
12. Which book that you’ve written is your favourite?
They’re my children. I can’t pick one.
13. What advice would you give to aspiring authors?
Just do it.
14. What are your favourite names?
- Girl – Aoife
- Boy – Taidhg
15. What do you do as a hobby?
I cook. And do crosswords.
16. What are your top three books?
- Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
- The Beauty Myth by Naomi Wolff
- Behind the Scenes at the Museum by Kate Atkinson
17. Where do you get your greatest ideas for writing?
interviewed by Amanda Patterson, 14 June 2007