Are you looking for a fun way to set yourself a reading goal for 2018? I have compiled a list of 26 ways for you to choose books to read in 2018. This gives you a challenge of reading two books every month.
The Writers Write Reading Challenge For 2018
- A book where the main character is from a completely different culture to yours.
- A book recommended by a librarian.
- A bestseller from a genre you never read.
- A book that was published in 1999.
- A book that was published more than 100 years ago.
- Your favourite childhood book.
- A book with a character’s name as a title.
- A book recommended by your mother.
- A book recommended by your father.
- A book with a protagonist who shares your first name.
- A book that was adapted into a television series.
- A novel with a month or day of the week in the title.
- A book about books.
- A memoir recommended by somebody whose opinion you respect.
- A book set in summer (to be read in summer).
- A book set in winter (to be read in winter).
- A book with a colour in the title.
- A book with a non-human protagonist.
- A book with a teacher as the protagonist.
- A book set in two time periods.
- A book that is being adapted for film in 2018.
- A book set around a holiday.
- A book that won a literary prize in 2017.
- A novel that is based on a true story.
- A book that has been translated from another language.
- A graphic novel.
If you enjoyed this article, you will love:
- 10 Ways To Kick-Start Your Writing At Christmas
- Henry Miller’s 11 Writing Commandments
- Practical Hacks For Planning Your 2018 Blogging Calendar
If you’re inspired, educated, or entertained by our posts, please show your appreciation us with a monthly donation.