Every year, Forbes announces the top-earning authors in the world. These are the five top-earning authors of 2019.
Hayley C. Cuccinello writes: ‘All in all, the world’s five highest-paid authors sold more than 18.6 million print books combined in the U.S. during our scoring period, logging $235 million.’
The 5 Top-Earning Authors Of 2019
- J.K. Rowling ($92 million): This author’s earnings come from multiple sources, included theme parks, theatrical productions, and a new film about The Boy Who Lived.
- James Patterson ($70 million): Last year’s top-earner sold more than 5.5 million books. His novel, co-written with Bill Clinton, The President Is Missing, was the bestselling adult fiction novel of 2018. He is America’s richest author, with a net worth of $800 million.
- Michelle Obama ($36 million): The former First Lady’s memoir, Becoming, sold more than 10 million copies and it was the bestselling book of 2018 despite being released less than two months before the end of the year. She made even more money with ticket sales from her book tour where she sold out arenas across the world.
- Jeff Kinney ($20 million): The author of the beloved Diary of a Wimpy Kid children’s series sold 3.6 million books.
- Stephen King ($17 million): King continues to earn his spot on the Forbes’ list. His earnings dropped by $10 million from the previous year, when he received a large paycheck from the blockbuster It movie adaptation.
Note: Earnings estimates are for the period 1 June 2018 through 1 June 2019.
Read the full article here: Forbes
If you enjoyed this blogger’s writing, read:
- 10 Inspiring Names For Strong Female Characters
- 20 Questions Characters Should Answer About Setting
- Why First Person Present Tense Is Perfect For Your Memoir
- What Is A Motif In Fiction?
- How To Write The Middle Of Your Novel
If you want to learn how to write a book, sign up for our online course.