Learn how to write a short story at your own pace in the comfort of your own home.
Write your short story with Short Cuts Online. We will show you how to write a short story. We will equip you with a plot recipe that you can use repeatedly.
[If you want to join us in Johannesburg, click here]
What you will learn on the course:
- A simple method of plot construction for short stories.
- How to create characters who make impressions.
- How to keep clear of the ‘muddle in the middle’.
- Why the ending must fit the character and the situation.
- How to prepare and submit a manuscript that stands out in a competition.
What you get:
- Immediate access through your account.
- 18 awesome online modules.
- A printable workbook.
- A printable PDF of the course.
- A Skype session* with writing coach, Mia Botha.
What materials do you need?
- You need access to a computer, the internet, and if you decide to print the workbook, a printer.
- Writing materials. We would encourage you to write by hand as much as possible, but, you are welcome to use any tool or material that you are comfortable with. No two methods, or two writers, are the same.
How do you complete the exercises?
- Either download the course and work off a printed version OR work from the online modules on the website.
- For the free writing exercises, simply put pen to paper and see where it takes you.
- For the more structured exercises, try to follow the instructions. But then again, it’s creative writing and there are no rules.
How much is it?
Enrol – How to buy your online course:
How to pay:
1. Add to basket.
2. View basket.
- Use Paypal if you have a Paypal account, or
- Pay with your credit card using the Iveri option. If you use Iveri, they will ask you to verify your account in whatever manner your bank does this. (Some banks do this via cell phone, for example.) or
- Use your coupon if you have one.
4. Create account. (please remember to do this)
Your purchase and details will be confirmed on a page where you can download the course book and workbook.
Access your account:
If you want to access the course content online go to: My Account
You will be able to access the modules online and download the course book and workbook from there as well.
* You can use this session to ask questions and discuss your writing. You can submit a piece of writing of no longer than 1 000 words for the session. The session must be taken within six months of signing up for the course.
P.S. If you want to speak to us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
Refund Policy: Our online courses are non-refundable. Once the course is accessed/downloaded, no refund will be granted regardless of the reason.