Learn how to write your romance novel at your own pace in the comfort of your own home.
Why should I write thee?
Let me list the reasons:
- According to the Romance Writers of America®, the romance fiction industry is worth $1.08 billion dollars a year.
- Hundreds of titles are published every month.
- According to Nielsen’s US 2014 Q1 Romance Landscape report, ebook romance sales have outpaced the formerly dominant mass-market paperback format, and 39% of all romance novels are purchased in digital format (with the mass market now fairly close second at 32%).
- Romance novels regularly top the major bestseller lists (New York Times, Publishers Weekly, and USA Today), and have a large, dedicated audience of readers.
- Romance is a voracious market and it’s growing.
- Sub-categories are being added all the time. Take the opportunity.
- This is a great way for a first-time author to follow a formula and be creative.
But, most importantly:
- Write a romance novel because you love to read and write in the genre.
What you will learn on the course:
We will help you write the best romance novel you can – a story that others will want to read.
- Help you develop story ideas into plots.
- Help you choose a plot theme for your idea.
- Help you decide on a sub-genre of romantic fiction and teach you what is required of that sub-genre.
- Show you how to create awesome romantic heroes and heroines.
- Teach you how to show and not tell in romantic fiction.
- Show you how to choose the perfect setting.
- Teach you how to structure your scenes and sequels.
- Show you how to create sensual tension.
- Give you tips to make your romantic novels as attractive to editors as possible.
- Help you have fun while you write what you love to read.
About Mia Botha, Course Co-ordinator
Mia is the Winner of the Mills and Boon Voice of Africa Competition. She has been writing and teaching for many years and is still in love with Mr Darcy.
What you get:
- Immediate access through your account.
- 18 comprehensive modules.
- A printable workbook.
- A printable PDF of the course.
The course includes:
- Why Romance?
- The Idea
- Plot Themes
- Characters & Dialogue
- Character Motivations
- Setting & Description
- Show. Don’t Tell.
- Viewpoint & Tenses
- Sensual Tension
- Scene Structures
- Submissions & Publications
What materials do I need?
- You need access to a computer, the internet, and if you decide to print the workbook, a printer.
- We encourage you to write by hand as much as possible, especially when you are doing prompts, exploring, or brainstorming.
- But, you are welcome to use any tool that you are comfortable with. No two methods, or two romance writers, are the same.
How do I complete the exercises?
- Either download the course and work off a printed version OR work from the online modules on the website.
- Some will be free writing exercises; others will be more structured with specific instructions.
- For the free writing exercises, simply put pen to paper and see where it takes you.
- For the more structured exercises, try to follow the instructions. But then again, it’s creative and there are no rules.
How much is it?
How to buy and access your online course:
How to pay:
1. Add to basket.
2. View basket.
- Use Paypal if you have a Paypal account, or
- Pay with your credit card using the Iveri option. If you use Iveri, they will ask you to verify your account in whatever manner your bank does this. (Some banks do this via cell phone, for example.) or
- Use your coupon if you have one.
4. Create account. (please remember to do this)
Access your account:
If you want to access the course content online go to: My Account
You will be able to access the modules online and download the course book and workbook from there as well.
If you want additional coaching sessions or feedback on your writing, please click here Romance Writing Coaching, to buy a series of sessions with our resident coach, Mia Botha.
P.S. If you want to speak to us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
Refund Policy: Our online courses are non-refundable. Once the course is accessed/downloaded, no refund will be granted regardless of the reason.