Happy Birthday, Ruskin Bond, born 19 May 1934
- All glory comes from daring to begin.
- Book readers are special people, and they will always turn to books as the ultimate pleasure. Those who do not read are the unfortunate ones. There’s nothing wrong with them; but they are missing out on one of life’s compensations and rewards. A great book is a friend that never lets you down. You can return to it again and again and the joy first derived from it will still be there.
- I write a story in my head. I see the story like a movie.
- To be able to laugh and to be merciful are the only things that make man better than the beast.
- The past is always with us, for it feeds the present.
- Normally writers do not talk much, because they are saving their conversations for the readers of their book- those invisible listeners with whom we wish to strike a sympathetic chord.
- The more you write, the better you will write. So – keep at it!
- People often ask me why my style is so simple. It is, in fact, deceptively simple, for no two sentences are alike. It is clarity that I am striving to attain, not simplicity.
- It’s courage, not luck, that takes us through to the end of the road.
Ruskin Bond is an Indian author of British descent. He is considered to be an icon among Indian writers and children’s authors and a top novelist. He received the Sahitya Academy Award in 1992 for Our Trees Still Grow in Dehra.
Source for image