Bloggers have to accept that content creation and search engine optimisation are made for each other. In fact, they need each other.
What is SEO?
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is the methodology of how to increase the quantity and quality of traffic to your website through unpaid or ‘organic’ search engine results. It includes techniques to help you get a high-ranking placement in the search results page of search engines, which include Google, Bing, and Yahoo!.
Why does content creation matter to SEO?
Some people still ask if blogging matters. It’s odd, I know, but true. Blogging matters more ever. A great blog will help people find you on the world wide web. And search engines will only find you if you create great content for your blog.
Content creation has become inseparable from SEO. If you want web search engines pick your pages as the ones to promote, youe need to create content with the right keywords in the right places.
In a recent survey by Ascend2, you can see that you can’t win at SEO without creating relevant, interesting, entertaining content on a consistent basis. Content creation accounts for more almost 60% of SEO success.
Why has this happened?
Content creation and search engine optimisation are made for each other. As Elliot Ross writes, ‘Another way to look at it is like this — SEO makes demands. Content marketing fulfils those demands.’
He explains that:
- SEO states the requirements. Content marketing fulfils them.
- SEO demands content. Content marketing is content.
- SEO demands keywords. Content marketing means using keywords.
- SEO demands linkbacks. Content marketing introduces linkbacks.
- SEO demands onsite technical optimisation. Content marketing needs great UX (User Experience).
Read the full article here: Why SEO Is Actually All About Content Marketing
What do you do about this inter-dependency?
If you haven’t done it yet, create a blog to support your business. A static website is no good. A great blog allows you to share your expertise, build your own ‘library’ of content, attract new customers, develop inbound leads, and build up trust with your followers.
To get you started, read these posts:
- Social Media 101 – What is a Blog?
- 10 Things You Need To Remember When You Start A Blog
- 3 Simple Tips To Help You Create A Successful Blog
If you enjoyed this post read:
- Everything You Need To Know About Blogging
- Create The Correct Headline For Your Blog Post
- If you’re looking for a website template, Wix has a great selection available here: Templates
Become a Writers Write patron:
If you’re inspired, educated, or entertained by our posts, please show your love with a donation.