Thank you for the positive feedback from my post - How to write a one-page synopsis. Of course, it's just as important to write a great query letter to accompany that synopsis. I have put together what I believe is essential to include in your query letter in the template below.
- A query letter should be no longer than one or two pages, including the address, and the greetings.
- Use the same 12 point font you have used in your manuscript and synopsis. Look for the font you should use on the submission guidelines page.
- It should be addressed to the correct agent or publisher. Make sure you spell names correctly.
- Your query letter should be error-free.
- Write a focused, professional, realistic letter.
These letters are important if you’re trying to break into a major market and the publisher does not accept unsolicited manuscripts. They are the gateway to your goal. Try to make a good impression. Sell your story, and then yourself.
To learn how to write, finish, and publish a book, join our Writers Write course.
© Amanda Patterson