Psychologist, Robert Sternberg, developed the Triangular Theory of Love. This shows the type of love you share with another person. The theory is based on three components your relationship can possess.
The three components are:
- Intimacy: This includes feelings of attachment, closeness, trust, and connectedness. Your partner could feel like your best friend. Do you laugh and have fun together?
- Passion: This includes the sexual attraction or the physical connection between two people.
- Commitment: This includes the decision to stay together, no matter what, and to make plans for the future together.
A relationship based on a single element is less likely to survive than one based on two or three elements. Which romantic relationship do your characters share?
If you want to learn how to write a book, join our Writers Write course in Johannesburg.
© Amanda Patterson
If you liked this article, you may enjoy
- Universal Needs - Creating Characters
- The 12 Most Basic Character Building Blocks
- Cheat Sheets for Writing Body Language.
Writers Write offers the best writing courses in South Africa. Writers Write - Write to communicate