Write your story with Writers Write Online
This course is an introduction to novel writing. It will take you through all the theory you need to get started on your novel. Each section includes a variety of exercises and a lot of writing advice.
The course consists of 60 Modules. The lengths of the modules vary. You can do them daily or weekly. You can do as many, or as few, as your schedule allows. Work through the course in the comfort of your own home at your own pace.
We guarantee an easy-to-learn, simple writing recipe that works. Our course is goal-oriented and inspiring. We give you practical tips and tools to write, and finish, a book.
What we do on the course:
- Writers Write Online will teach you to take an idea and nurture it into a plot. We help you create characters readers remember. We encourage you to find the voices of your characters and to let them speak to each other and tell their stories.
- You will learn how to show and not tell. You will learn how to pace your story. You will learn about query letters, synopses, and the new world of publishing.
- You will do this with plenty of practical exercises to back up the theory.
You benefit by learning from the course material and completing exercises as you go along.
What you get:
- Immediate access through your account
- 60 modules
- One 30-minute Skype session with Mia, once you have completed the course
- Printable workbook
- Printable PDF of the course
We include 60 modules that cover:
- An introduction to creative writing
- Setting and Description
- Beginnings, Middles and Ends
- Blogging and Social Media
What materials do I need to complete the course?
You need access to a computer, the internet, and if you decide to print the workbook, a printer. The workbook is optional, but handy. We hope you have printed it. We would encourage you to write by hand as much as possible, especially when you are doing prompts, exploring, or brainstorming characters and scenarios. But, you are welcome to use any tool or material that you are comfortable with. No two methods, or two writers, are the same.
How do I complete the exercises?
We will give you exercises throughout the course. Some will be free writing exercises; others will be more structured with specific instructions.
For the free writing exercises, simply put pen to paper and see where it takes you. You can set a timer for 10 minutes. Use the timer on your phone, but don’t get distracted by messages and notifications. You can keep writing after the timer has gone off, but you can’t stop before then. We will discuss this in detail in the section about writing prompts.
For the more structured exercises, try to follow the instructions. But then again, it’s creative writing and there are no rules.
What are you waiting for? Click Online Course to purchase the course and get started.