Here we go again…
Welcome to the 12 Short Stories Writing Challenge for 2019.
The 2018 challenge ended with 82 writers who achieved #12/12 and earned their #braggingrights, 19 of those did it for the second time.
Congratulations to all of them.
Today marks the beginning of the 2019 challenge.
What Is The 12 Short Stories Writing Challenge?
- The goal is to write 12 short stories in 12 months.
- I post a prompt once a month, the deadline is usually four weeks later.
- The word count varies each month.
- You post one story and comment on four other stories.
- It is a great learning experience.
Please go to www.12shortstories.com to sign up.
Please remember: This is not a competition. It’s about discipline, productivity and learning. Not all my stories will be great, but they will, at least, be written.
Added bonus: Not only will you write 12 short stories in 2019, the word counts have been calculated to add up to 15 000 words exactly. That sounds productive.
Please join the Facebook group: 12 Short Stories in 12 Months It is the easiest place to stay up to date.
Here is the first prompt for 2019:
12 Short Stories Deadline Calendar For 2019
I have also created a list of the deadlines for you to note in your calendars. Use it to complete the list as the prompts are published.
Download the deadlines here: 12 Short Stories 2019 Deadline Calendar
Let’s write 12 Short Stories in 12 months.
by Mia Botha
If you enjoyed this post, you will love:
- Word Count Problems: What’s The Deal With ‘Exactly’?
- Silver Screen Inspiration For Short Story Writers
If you’re inspired, educated, or entertained by our posts, please show your appreciation with a small monthly or once-off donation.