Discover how easy it is to write in plain language. Discover how simple it is to write in a reader-friendly style.
Writers Write offers a comprehensive business writing programme with emphasis on plain language as defined in the Consumer Protection Act, The National Credit Act, The New Companies Act and the Treating Customers Fairly guidelines.
We cover syntax, spelling and grammar across releases, web copy, features, interviews, newsletters, email and more.
If you choose to train with The Plain Language Programme, you achieve three results.
- You have trained writers. Clear writing is crucial for commercial success in the 21st Century.
- Your employees will write according to plain language legislation. This saves you time and money.
- You develop a One Voice concept for internal communications. This allows staff, across departments, to understand one another.
Why choose us?
The Plain Language Programme runs over four days from 9am to 1pm. The course is interactive with written exercises every 20 to 30 minutes to reinforce the theory shared in class. We also limit the classes to 10 delegates to ensure participation and information retention. We are able to tailor the course to suit a company’s needs for groups of ten or more.
Your staff members acquire a priceless life skill. Clear writing opens worlds of opportunity.
- Email Etiquette
- Writing techniques that market and promote
- Grammar – including active voice, phrase-free sentences and basic punctuation
- A Plain Language Style Guide
- The 20 Most Important Words in Business, Readability Statistics, and The Rule of Three
- Structures for newsletters, press release templates, interview techniques