In this post from Writers Write, your one-stop writing resource, we share a selection of our favourite literary love quotes.
Writers and poets have been writing about love for centuries. Here are 12 of our favourite literary love quotes.
As it has been said:
Love and a cough
cannot be concealed.
Even a small cough.
Even a small love.
The Top 12 Literary Love Quotes
- I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you simply, without problems or pride: I love you in this way because I do not know any other way of loving but this, in which there is no I or you, so intimate that your hand upon my chest is my hand, so intimate that when I fall asleep your eyes close. ~Pablo Neruda
- If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you. ~A.A. Milne
- Each time you happen to me all over again. ~Edith Wharton
- Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same. ~Emily Brontë
- What greater thing is there for two human souls, than to feel that they are joined for life—to strengthen each other in all labour, to rest on each other in all sorrow, to minister to each other in all pain, to be one with each other in silent unspeakable memories at the moment of the last parting? ~George Eliot
- Grow old along with me! The best is yet to be. ~Robert Browning
- He wants only her stalking beauty, her theatre of expressions. He wants the minute secret reflection between them, the depth of field minimal, their foreignness intimate like two pages of a closed book. ~Michael Ondaatje
- Once upon a time there was a boy who loved a girl, and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering. ~Nicole Krauss
- We fell in love, despite our differences, and once we did, something rare and beautiful was created. For me, love like that has only happened once, and that’s why every minute we spent together has been seared in my memory. I’ll never forget a single moment of it. ~Nicholas Sparks
- Soul meets soul on lovers’ lips. ~Percy Bysshe Shelley
- I carry you with me into the world, into the smell of rain & the words that dance between people & for me, it will always be this way, walking in the light, remembering being alive together. ~Brian Andreas
- If you are not long, I will wait for you all my life. ~Oscar Wilde
Source for Image
Please add your favourites in the comments section below.
If you liked this post, you will enjoy What is love? 12 Literary Couples Whose Love Will Last
chosen by Amanda Patterson
If you enjoyed this post, you may want to read:
- 21 Literary Quotes on Beginnings, Middles, and Endings
- The Top 21 Literary Quotes about Fools
- Nine Literary Scrabble Quotes
- The Top 12 Quotes about Politicians
- Nine Quotes for Autumn
- My Top 15 Literary Christmas Quotes
- The Top 12 Quotes About Literature
- 20 Literary Quotes About Cats
- The 25 Best Quotes About Authors
- The Top 10 Quotes About Coffee