Writers love psychology. We want to know why we act the way we do. We are fascinated by obsessions and phobias and mental illness. At the very least, psychology gives us fodder for our characters’ motivations and impulses.
Feedspot has compiled a list of the Best 100 Psychology Blogs that ‘offer a wealth of information, insight, and interesting content for aspiring psychologists, established professionals, and curious learners.’
These blogs are ranked based on following criteria
- Google reputation and Google search ranking
- Influence and popularity on Facebook, twitter and other social media sites
- Quality and consistency of posts.
- Feedspot’s editorial team and expert review
Here are the Top 10 Psychology Blogs from the list:
- Psychology Today – ‘Psychology Today is devoted exclusively to everybody’s favourite subject: Ourselves.’ Psychology Today covers all aspects of human behaviour, from the workings of the brain to the bonds between people and the larger cultural forces that drive our most intimate decisions.
- National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) – ‘Transforming the understanding and treatment of mental illnesses.’
- American Psychology Association – ‘Our mission is to advance the creation, communication and application of psychological knowledge to benefit society and improve people’s lives.’
- Psych Central News – ‘The Internet’s largest and oldest independent mental health social network. Since 1995, our award-winning website has been run by mental health professionals offering reliable, trusted information and over 250 support groups to consumers.’
- Psychology – Reddit – A Reddit community for the sharing, and discussing, science-based psychological materials.
- Psychology of Eating – ‘We’re on a mission to forever change the way the world understands food, body and health.’
- Healthyplace Blogs – ‘Trusted information on psychological disorders and treatments, plus mental health support.’
- PsyBlog by Dr. Jeremy Dean – ‘This site is all about scientific research into how the mind works.’
- BPS Research Digest – ‘Your free, fortnightly roundup of the latest psychology research from the British Psychological Society.’
- Beck Institute for Cognitive Behaviour Therapy – ‘Welcome to the leading international source for training, therapy, and resources in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy.’
If you want to learn how to write a book, join our Writers Write course.
If you enjoyed this, you may like: