Author: Jill Mansell
Birthday: 15 June
Date: 13 March 2007
Where: Erwins, Sandton, South Africa
The Book: Thinking of You (Headline)
Jill Mansell is a British author of romantic comedy. Her books have sold over ten million copies worldwide.
1. Who is your favourite hero of fiction?
2. What is your most treasured possession?
The manuscript I’m working on.
3. Which living person do you most dislike?
Osama Bin Laden
4. What is your greatest fear?
Aside from something happening to my children, having my right hand amputated.
5. Who or what has been the greatest love of your life?
My family and my jewellery – this diamond bracelet.
6. What is your greatest regret?
Not having a good singing voice.
7. If you could choose to be a character in a book, who would it be?
A heroine in one of my books.
8. Which book have you read the most in your lifetime?
The Moon is a Balloon by David Niven.
9. What is your favourite journey?
Coming to South Africa. My longest journey before this was only 2 hours from home.
10. Cats or dogs? Which do you prefer
Dogs. I loved Margot, my greyhound.
11. What quality do you most admire in a woman?
Friendliness and optimism.
12. Which book that you’ve written is your favourite?
Thinking Of You and Miranda’s Big Mistake.
13. What advice would you give to aspiring authors?
14. What are your favourite names?
15. What do you do as a hobby?
I used to paint. Now I read.
16. What are your top three books?
- Riders by Jilly Cooper
- The Undomestic Goddess by Sophie Kinsella
- Rosie Meadows Regrets by Catherine Alliott
17. Where do you get your greatest ideas for writing?
Interviewer: Amanda Patterson, 13 March 2007