1. Who is your favourite hero of fiction?
Scout – To Kill a Mockingbird
2. What is your most treasured possession?
I love extension cords and 2 point plugs. In PR – I can’t function without them
3. Which living person do you most dislike?
George W Bush – he’s a serial killer
4. What is your greatest fear?
Going blind. I love to write and read. I love to look at my child.
5. Who or what has been the greatest love of your life?
Lesedi, my 8-year-old son.
6. What is your greatest regret?
Not being at my father’s bedside when he died. He was the kindest person I know. And the humblest.
7. If you could choose to be a character in a book, who would it be?
The lawyer in John Grisham’s “The King of Torts”. He goes from rags to riches to rags with his dignity and soul intact.
8. Which book have you read the most in your lifetime?
The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho. This was a life defining book for me. I learned that if you want something the universe will give it to you. You may have to struggle but you will get it.
9. What is your favourite journey?
Going to the Magaliesberg. The mountains and tranquillity soothe me. And it’s not far from Johannesburg!.
10. Cats or Dogs?
Which do you prefer? Dogs. I love my dog, Napoleon.
11. What quality do you most admire in a woman?
The ability to be assertive without losing her femininity. Not be a people pleaser. And staying true to herself.
12. Which book that you’ve written is your favourite?
13. What advice would you give to aspiring authors?
Write. Look at that pen or that keyboard and write. Then look for guidance. I wasn’t sure if I was on the right track and enrolled at Writers Write’s – How to Write a Novel course. Amanda Patterson was instrumental in getting me published.
14. What are your favourite names?
- Tshiamo – purity
- Monwabisi – giver of pleasure
15. What do you do as a hobby?
Gym. Reading. Writing. Travelling.
16. What are your top three books?
- The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- The Quiet Violence of Dreams by K Sello Duiker
17. Where do you get your greatest ideas for writing?
Experience. Life. The People around me.
Interviewed by Amanda Patterson