1. Who is your favourite hero of fiction?
2. What is your most treasured possession?
My grandmother’s wedding cake topper from 1932
3. Which living person do you most dislike?
It changes daily
4. What is your greatest fear?
Harm to my daughter.
5. Who or what has been the greatest love of your life?
My husband and my work
6. What is your greatest regret?
The list is too long.
7. If you could choose to be a character in a book, who would it be?
Henry David Thoreau in Walden
8. Which book have you read the most in your lifetime?
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte, and Charlie by Ben Hecht
9. What is your favourite journey?
To Italy, always.
10. What do you most value in a friend?
11. What quality do you most admire in a woman?
12. Which book that you’ve written is your favourite?
13. What advice would you give to aspiring authors?
Stay at it…daily!
14. What are your favourite names?
Lucia, Viola, Anthony, Ida and Agnese.
15. What do you do as a hobby?
16. What are your top three books?
- The Little Engine That Could
- Jane Eyre
- Bring On The Empty Houses by David Niven
17. Where do you get your greatest ideas for writing?
From you. From the world. From the past. Everywhere, really!
Interviewed by Amanda Patterson, 25 October 2005