It’s Social Media Monday. We usually blog about blogging and social media on this day. Blogging has changed the world and the way we communicate.
If you want to read what we have to say about the subject, click here: Everything You Need To Know About Blogging
Today, I want to share my favourite quotations on blogging.
- You can buy attention (advertising). You can beg for attention from the media (PR). You can bug people one at a time to get attention (sales). Or you can earn attention by creating something interesting and valuable and then publishing it online for free. ~David Meerman Scott
- Blogging is good for your career. A well-executed blog sets you apart as an expert in your field. ~Penelope Trunk
- Conversation is king. Content is just something to talk about. ~Cory Doctorow
- My informal writing style is a political choice, because I want feminism to be more accessible. ~Jessica Valenti
- The first thing you learn when you’re blogging is that people are one click away from leaving you. So you’ve got to get to the point, you can’t waste people’s time, you’ve got to give them some value for their limited attention span. ~Alex Tabarrok
- The first step in blogging is not writing them but reading them. ~Jeff Jarvis
- Every time you post something online, you have a choice. You can either make it something that adds to the happiness levels in the world—or you can make it something that takes away. ~Zoe Sugg
- Blogging is a great way to show your talents and interests to prospective employers, while adding an edge to your resume. If you blog consistently it shows your dedication, passions and creativity – all of which are key attributes employers look for in job candidates. ~Lauren Conrad
- The best time to act on this was decades ago. The second best time is now. ~David Brin
- Sometimes I think of blogging as finger exercises for a violinist; sometimes I think of it as mulching a garden. It is incredibly useful and helpful to my “real” writing. ~Kate Christensen
- Don’t say anything online that you wouldn’t want plastered on a billboard with your face on it. ~Erin Bury
- Don’t try to plan everything out to the very last detail. I’m a big believer in just getting it out there: create a minimal viable product or website, launch it, and get feedback. ~Neil Patel
If you want to learn how to blog and write for social media, join us for The Complete Blogging and Social Media Course.
If you enjoyed this post, you may want to read: