It’s time to submit your seventh poem for 2019. We hope you made a splash.
I will accept and approve posts for SPLASH from 24 July 2019, 8:00 (Johannesburg time | GMT +2:00), until 25 July 2019, 8:00 (Johannesburg time | GMT +2:00) on 12shortstories.com.
Please ask Google to figure out what time that will be in your part of the world.
Please submit your poem on www.12shortstories.com.
- Log in.
- Submit (Top right).
- Complete the form.
- Select the correct category: Poetry Prompt 6: Use Sound Devices
- Do not select any other category.
- Submit for approval.
- Read and comment on four other poems. Please spread the love. Look for poems that haven’t been read, instead of everyone reading and commenting on the same poems.
Those of us trying it for the first time this post may find this post helpful. How To Write & Talk About Poetry
- This is an exercise in discipline. The comments are a bonus. There is no prize because I want you to focus on writing for yourself and to try and take more risks.
- Be kind when you comment. Start with a positive comment, suggest an improvement, and end with something positive. We are here to learn.
- Our next prompt is at the end of this post.
A few more points:
- I will try to read as many posts as possible, but I do have a day job that I would like to keep.
- NO hate speech. None. If you see something nasty that I should be made aware of, please send me a message.
- Be careful of profanity.
- I need to approve every post. Please be patient with me. I am teaching during the day and I will approve them as quickly as I can. They will all go up.
Can I still join?
You can join the 12 Short Story or Poetry Challenge in any month. So, if you start in June 2019, that will be month one for you and then May 2020 will be month 12. Sign up on www.12shortstories.com
Here is my poem for ‘Splash’:
Splashes of Colour by Mia Botha The dull grey canvas of life The repetition of routine The sameness of it all Again and again and again But if you stop, if you look, You'll see- The red lipstick of a woman's smile The sky blue of a child's eye The yellow pool of sunlight The Fresh green of a new leaf. All hidden in the dull grey canvas of life Waiting to be found
And here is Prompt 8 for 2019:
by Mia Botha
If you enjoyed this post, you will love:
- Poetry 101: Kinds Of Poems – The Haiku
- Poetry 101: Creating Figurative Language Using Literary Devices
- Poetry 101: How To Analyse A Poem
- Poetry 101: Kinds Of Poems – Free Verse
- Poetry 101: Kinds Of Poems – The Sonnet
- Poetry 101: What Is A Poem?
- 15 Reasons To Write Poetry
The Poems Challenge: