- Traditional Media is the fastest declining industry in the world.
- Social Media is the new word of mouth. Word of mouth is the most powerful sales tool.
- You can’t ignore the numbers. There are 900million people on Facebook, 400million on Twitter, 170million on Google+, 150million on LinkedIn, 120million on Tumblr and 18million on Pinterest. 4billion views are recorded on YouTube every day.
- Educated people, who are computer literate, who have good incomes use social media.
- Social Media is the new PR. It is not an advertising platform. It is pure public relations.
- It’s free.
Amanda is the founder and CEO of Writers Write. She has more than 50 000 followers (update 2015: 250 000 followers) across various social media. More than 60% (update 2015: 90%) of her company’s business originates across social media platforms.