We are super excited to invite you to join our new platform for the 12 Short Stories Challenge. We are going to move everything that is on Facebook over to our new site. This is also your opportunity to catch up.
You have one week to sign up and add your stories for the first four prompts. All your previous stories must be on the new site by 13 June 2017.
Please don’t post the Going Home Story until the deadline, which is 14 June 2017.
The site will give us more control. Facebook moves our stories around and the most read stories remain at the top. On the site the stories will stay in the order they were posted.
Each writer will have their own profile where you will be able to find their stories, or you can search under the prompts to find all the stories for a specific prompt in one place.
The stories for the Going Home prompt must be posted on the site on 14 June 2017 and not on Facebook. I will no longer approve or accept stories on Facebook.
There are three membership levels, but only two are available at the moment.
- The first is a free level, which offers you the same experience as the Facebook group.
- The second level is paid for, it includes an in-depth short story appraisal for one 2500-word short story, as well as entry into the coolest short story competition, which will happen towards the end of the year.
- The third level is for the competition, which will take place at the end of the year.
Here is how to get going:
- Go to 12shortstories.com
- Sign up.
- Click on your name in the top right corner of the screen and create a profile, add a profile picture and a cover picture.
Add your stories:
- Add your short stories by clicking on the dashboard in the top left corner of the screen.
- Click on ‘Posts’.
- Click ‘Add new posts’.
- Add your story title to the title bar at the top of the page and use this format:
- Story Title by Author Name.
- Copy and Paste your story into the white block.
- Please add the following information to your story. Use this format:
- Prompt: XXXXXXXX | Word count: XXXXXXXX | Genre: XXXXXXXX
- Check spelling and typos.
- Check formatting. Unfortunately, WordPress won’t allow us to indent only the first line of a paragraph for manuscript layout, so make sure that your story has lots of white space and that each line of dialogue is on its own line.
- You can add an image if you want to by clicking the Add Media button, please only use the smallest image size.
- Make sure to choose a category on the bottom right of your screen. You will see the categories are listed as: Prompt X: XXXXXX, please choose the correct one. Your story won’t show up otherwise.
- Add tags on the bottom right of the screen. Use your name, your story title, and the prompt for this month, 12 short stories and writing challenge.
- Remember to press Update every time you make a change.
- Hit Publish.
- The post must be approved by me.
- You have one week to sign up and add your stories for the first four prompts.
- Please don’t post the Going Home Story until the deadline, which is 14 June 2017.
- Read and comment on 4 other stories.
- Click on the speech bubble at the top of the story.
- Please be kind and remember to read the Evaluation Guidelines.
This is your opportunity to catch up. You can post all the stories for the deadlines that you have missed. I will not accept or approve any posts for the previous deadlines after the 14 June 2017.
Please mail email@example.com if you get stuck or need help.