Writers Write is a comprehensive resource for writers. Use Robert A. Heinlein’s 5 rules for writers to inspire you to write.
Known as the ‘dean of science fiction writers’, his often controversial works strongly influenced the science-fiction genre and modern culture. He is considered to be one of the most literary and sophisticated writers in the genre. He was named the first Science Fiction Writers Grand Master in 1974 and he won Hugo Awards for four of his novels.
Robert A. Heinlein’s 5 Rules For Writers
- You must write.
- You must finish what you write.
- You must refrain from rewriting, except to editorial order.
- You must put the work on the market.
- You must keep the work on the market until it is sold.
He also made a list of predictions in 1949. Read them here: 19 Predictions For The Future From Robert A. Heinlein
Source: Advice To Writers
If you enjoyed this, you will love:
- Hilary Mantel’s 10 Rules For Writing Fiction
- Joyce Carol Oates’ 7 Rules For Writing
- Geoff Dyer’s 10 Rules For Writing Fiction
- Writing Advice From The World’s Most Famous Authors