If you feel you need, or want, coaching and feedback for ‘This Kiss – How to write a romance novel’, carry on reading.
How does the coaching work?
- We offer three sessions as an add-on for the course.
- Your coach is Mills & Boon Voice of Africa winner, Mia Botha*.
- Each session is 60 minutes and takes place via Skype or Facebook Video.
- For the exercises: You can use characters from your work-in-progress, or you can use different characters and ideas for each exercise.
- Max 600 words per exercise and four exercises per session.
- Exercises must be emailed to your coach (Mia) three days before the session.
All writers are at different stages of their writing journey. Therefore, the coaching is flexible and tailored for each student.
Some writers prefer to have their sessions as close together as possible and others prefer to spread it out over a few weeks. Some writers prefer to do the sessions while they are working through the course, others prefer to finish the course and then have the sessions.
NOTE: The sessions are valid for three months from the day or purchase.
Examples of schedules:
- You can do one session per month for three months.
- You can do one session per week over three weeks.
- You can do all your sessions in one week.
These are just suggestions and you can work at a pace that is comfortable for you. We both have to find a time that would be suitable and take time zones and work schedules into account, but after hours and weekends are possible. (You will work out a schedule with your coach.)
How much is it?
After you make the payment, we will contact you to set up the coaching sessions.
Download the full brochure here:
These sessions are adaptable and adjustable. You can also add more sessions if you wish to work at a slower pace and have more exercises reviewed. Please contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions or if you would like a quote regarding the extra sessions.
* Who is Mia Botha?
Mia loves romance and stories with happy endings. She has spent countless hours reading romance novels and even more hours writing them. She uses this experience to help aspiring writers find their stories.
She is the Winner of the Mills and Boon Voice of Africa Competition. Her prize included a trip to London where she visited Mills & Boon Head Quarters and was allowed into the storeroom where they kept a copy of every Mills & Boon ever printed and had lunch with the editor. She was a guest speaker at the Romance Writers of South Africa Conference.
She has been writing and teaching for many years, and she is still in love with Mr Darcy.