The Script – How To Write A Screenplay
Learn how to write a script or a screenplay at your own pace in the comfort of your own home.
“To make a fine film, you need three things: a great script, a great script and a great script.” ~Alfred Hitchcock
A screenplay is simply a story written in a unique format. If you can tell a good story, you can learn the writing techniques to create a compelling script.
Screenwriting is a craft, perhaps the most teachable of the literary arts. It’s a step-by-step process. It can definitely be learned.
What you will learn on the course:
- The basic elements of script writing.
- The format and structure of a script.
- To develop powerful characters for the screen.
- To develop workable plots.
- To understand the importance of setting in a script.
- To build scenes for a script.
- To develop a treatment for a script.
- The differences between writing for the big screen and small screen.
- To prepare a final script.
What you get:
- Immediate access through your account.
- 12 awesome modules.
- A printable workbook.
- A printable PDF of the course.
The 12 modules include:
Take 1 – Introduction
Take 2 – Genres
Take 3 – Screen Elements & Formatting
Take 4 – Characters
Take 5 – Plot
Take 6 – Settings
Take 7 – Dialogue
Take 8 – Scenes & Sequences
Take 9 – Small Screen
Take 10 – Submission For A Series
Take 11 – Out takes
Take 12 – Resources
What materials do I need?
- You need access to a computer, the internet, and if you decide to print the workbook, a printer.
- We encourage you to write by hand as much as possible, especially when you are doing prompts, exploring, or brainstorming characters and scenarios.
- But, you are welcome to use any tool or material that you are comfortable with. No two methods, or two writers, are the same.
How do I complete the exercises?
- Either download the course and work off a printed version OR work from the online modules on the website.
- Some will be free writing exercises; others will be more structured with specific instructions.
- For the free writing exercises, simply put pen to paper and see where it takes you.
- For the more structured exercises, try to follow the instructions. But then again, it’s creative writing and there are no rules.
How much is it?
How to buy and access your online course:
How to pay:
- Add to basket.
- View basket.
- Use Paypal if you have a Paypal account, or
- Pay with your credit card using the Iveri option. If you use Iveri, they will ask you to verify your account in whatever manner your bank does this. (Some banks do this via cell phone, for example.) or
- Use your coupon if you have one.
- Create account. (please remember to do this)
Your purchase and details will be confirmed on a page where you can download the course book and workbook.
Access your account:
If you want to access the course content online go to: My Account
You will be able to access the modules online and download the course book and workbook from there as well.
If you want additional coaching sessions or feedback on your writing, please set up a Skype session with our resident coach, Mia Botha. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request. We will provide rates for the sessions.
Refund Policy: Our online courses are non-refundable. Once the course is accessed/downloaded, no refund will be granted regardless of the reason.