I hate New Year’s resolutions. I suppose everyone does, but as the year draws to a close, I can’t help but think this year will be different. That I will do this differently, or do that better.
Sometimes, I even write those thoughts down. I like to write down writing goals. I like putting it out there. So here goes.
My Writing Resolutions:
- Write daily. I would like to complete one prompt or writing exercise a day.
- Keep a journal. I have never done this. I have however invested in a pretty notebook which I hope will inspire me.
- Work on my novel daily. At the moment I write sporadically which makes it hard to get going after I’ve had a break. I would like be done with the novel by June of next year.
- Be more organised. Any suggestions are welcome.
- Be more disciplined. Hahaha! No, seriously, I have to get myself in to gear.
- Translate and complete a children’s story I have been working on.
- Write one short story per month.
- Start a blog with personal as well as writing content.
- Work at expanding my vocabulary.
- Stop making comma splice errors.
If I can do this every day I know I will be better writer this time next year. I hope to spend more time as the year progresses making these more specific. What are your writing resolutions?
by Mia Botha
If you enjoyed this post, you will love:
- The Book That Started It All – A Christmas Story
- A Writer’s Friends – How To Build An Author Platform
- Do You Ever Feel Like The Author Of The Book You Are Reading Is Trying To Kill You?
- May The Villain Be With You