James Hilton was born 9 September 1900, and died 20 December 1954
- People make mistakes in life through believing too much, but they have a damned dull time if they believe too little.
- If we have not found the heaven within,we have not found the heaven without.
- Remarkable’s a well-chosen word. It doesn’t give you away.
- Laziness in doing stupid things can be a great virtue.
- Tempted by Hollywood, a writer must decide whether he would rather say a little less exactly what he wants to millions, or a little more exactly to thousands.
James Hilton was an English novelist best remembered for several best-sellers, including Lost Horizon and Goodbye, Mr. Chips. He also won an Academy Award in 1942 for his work on the screenplay of Mrs. Miniver.
Source for Image