Richard Adams was born 9 May 1920 and died 24 December 2016
Richard Adams Quotes
- Many human beings say that they enjoy the winter, but what they really enjoy is feeling proof against it.
- We all have to meet our match sometime or other.
- You know how you let yourself think that everything will be all right if you can only get to a certain place or do a certain thing. But when you get there you find it’s not that simple.
- The thinker dies, but his thoughts are beyond the reach of destruction. Men are mortal; but ideas are immortal.
- We are all human and fall short of where we need to be. We must never stop trying to be the best we can be.
- A thing can be true and still be desperate folly.
- I try to look at it in a positive way, to say to myself, ‘Look at Watership Down – if you can do that, you can do any ruddy thing.’ Of course you can’t expect to have another success like that, but it does give you the confidence and the enjoyment to go on writing.
- Underground, the story continued.
- My heart has joined the Thousand, for my friend stopped running today.
Source for photograph: Guardian