Anthony Hope was born 9 February 1863, and died 8 July 1933.
- For my part, if a man must needs be a knave I would have him a debonair knave… It makes your sin no worse as I conceive, to do it à la mode and stylishly.
- Good families are generally worse than any others.
- Telling the truth to people who misunderstand you is generally promoting a falsehood, isn’t it?
- Economy is going without something you do want in case you should, some day, want something you probably won’t want.
- I wish you would read a little poetry sometimes. Your ignorance cramps my conversation.
- You oughtn’t to yield to temptation. Well, somebody must, or the thing becomes absurd.
- Unless one is a genius, it is best to aim at being intelligible.
Are you interested in more authors’ birthdays? Please click here: Literary Birthday Calendar