Happy Birthday, Erin Morgenstern, born 8 July 1978
- I binge write. I think it’s because I started seriously writing by participating in National Novel Writing Month, an online-based challenge to write 50,000 words in 30 days.
- I’m a firm believer that lighting affects mood, and twinkly lights on strings bring something magical to occasions ranging from concerts to weddings, though I’m fond of using them as year-round home decor. There’s a reason why they’re sometimes called fairy lights. When the light is right, there aren’t any strings at all.
- I draft quickly and then revise, a lot.
- When I was growing up, if there was a Young Adult section of my town’s library, I missed it. I wandered right from The Babysitter’s Club over to Stephen King. His books were big and fat and they seemed important. I eventually worked my way through most of the shelf, but It is the one that stuck with me.
- Sometimes I write what I can’t paint, and I paint what I can’t write. I use a different part of the brain.
- I don’t have any particular rituals, I sometimes like to write in longhand when I’m searching for ideas but I do the vast majority by typing, I can’t always keep up with my thoughts longhand.
- I’m not a coffee shop writer because I feel obliged to order more coffee and then I end up over-caffeinated.
- I would have written you, myself, if I could put down in words everything I want to say to you. A sea of ink would not be enough.
- This is not magic. This is the way the world is, only very few people take the time to stop and note it.
Source for Image
Please click here for our Literary Birthday Calendar