Happy Birthday, Alison McGhee, born 8 July 1960
- I like to write in all different genres. I just like a new challenge.
- You are most powerful when you are most silent. People never expect silence. They expect words, motion, defence, offence, back and forth. They except to leap into the fray. They are ready, fists up, words leaping forth from their mouths. Silence? No.
- Walk slowly; all you can ever come to is yourself.
- I suppose, the natural outgrowth about writing about two friends, it becomes about their friendship, and the complexities of it, and the way personality plays off each other, and what they each like to do, separately and together.
- Your heart literally hurts when it’s breaking. You can feel it, every beat another ache, and nothing you can do will stop it, either from beating or breaking.
McGhee is an New York Times best-selling American author. She has written picture books, books for children, and adult novels.