Leon Trotsky was born 7 November 1879 and died 21 August 1940
- The end may justify the means as long as there is something that justifies the end.
- Everything is relative in this world, where change alone endures.
- Tell me anyway–Maybe I can find the truth by comparing the lies.
- Life is not an easy matter… You cannot live through it without falling into frustration and cynicism unless you have before you a great idea which raises you above personal misery, above weakness, above all kinds of perfidy and baseness.
- You may not be interested in war, but war is interested in you.
- Learning carries within itself certain dangers because out of necessity one has to learn from one’s enemies.
- The United States is not only the strongest, but also the most terrified country.
- Technique is noticed most markedly in the case of those who have not mastered it.
- As long as I breathe I hope. As long as I breathe I shall fight for the future, that radiant future, in which man, strong and beautiful, will become master of the drifting stream of his history and will direct it towards the boundless horizons of beauty, joy and happiness! Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full.
- Fascism is nothing but capitalist reaction.
- Religions are illogical primitive ignorance. There is nothing as ridiculous and tragic as a religious government.
- When one runs with the wolves, one must howl with the pack.
Leon Trotsky a Russian writer and politician. A Bolshevik revolutionary and Marxist theorist, he was one of the leaders of the Russian October Revolution, second only to Vladimir Lenin. He wrote many books including The Revolution Betrayed, Their Morals and Ours, History of the Russian Revolution, and Fascism: What It Is and How to Fight It.
Source for image
If you enjoy our posts and resources, please consider this:
- If you’re inspired, educated, or entertained by our posts, please support us with a small monthly (or once-off) donation.
- You can help us keep Writers Write about writing – and free of clutter and advertising.