Happy Birthday, Kathy Reichs, born 7 July 1948
- Murder mysteries are puzzles that are fun to resolve.
- I’m not writing great literature. I’m writing commercial fiction for people to enjoy the stories and to like the characters.
- I’ve never lost my capacity to be shocked.
- What gives my books authenticity is that I actually do what it is I’m writing about. I think the fact that I am in the autopsy room, I go to the crime scene and I do work in the lab gives my books this flavour that otherwise they wouldn’t have.
- I don’t think I’m driven. I think I’m disciplined. I have a lot on my plate. I have a lot I have to accomplish in any given year. There are days I’d rather sit by the pool, but I go sit by the computer instead.
Kathy Reichs is an American crime writer, forensic anthropologist, and academic. She has written a series of novels featuring Temperance Brennan, which have been translated into 30 languages. The series began in 1997 with Déjà Dead. Reichs has been a producer for the TV series Bones, which is based on the books.
Source for Image
Please click here for our Literary Birthday Calendar