Leigh Brackett was born 7 December 1915, and died 18 March 1978
- Plot is people. Human emotions and desires founded on the realities of life, working at cross purposes, getting hotter and fiercer as they strike against each other until finally there’s an explosion-that’s Plot.
- Witchcraft to the ignorant, …. Simple science to the learned.
- There’s never been an act done since the beginning, from a kid stealing candy to a dictator committing genocide, that the person doing it didn’t think he was fully justified. That’s a mental trick called rationalising, and it’s done the human race more harm than anything else you can name.
- No. Try not. Do… or do not. There is no try.
- I suppose most of my stuff would be called escape fiction. This is the type of stuff I love to read.
Leigh Brackett was an American science fiction writer and screenwriter. She is best known for her work on films like The Big Sleep, Rio Bravo, The Long Goodbye, and The Empire Strikes Back. She is the author of The Long Tomorrow and The Sword of Rhiannon.
If you’re inspired, educated, or entertained by our posts, please support us with a small monthly donation. You can help us keep Writers Write about writing – and free of clutter and advertising.