Happy Birthday, Vendela Vida, born 6 September 1971
- People pretend things didn’t happen. Or so what, they happened, it’s okay. Well, it’s never okay. It’s always ruined.
- Recently, everything around me felt familiar yet amiss, like the first time you ride in the back seat of your own car.
- When it comes to books…They’re like lifelong friends to me; I need to know they’re there, even if I don’t check in with them on a regular basis.
- You panic and you rage, then this calm settles over you, and you remake yourself.
- There is this sense of time when you’re travelling, that the time is not how you know it, but how a country knows it.
Vendela Vida is an American novelist, journalist, and editor. She is the author of five books, including Diver’s Clothes Lie Empty and Let the Northern Lights Erase Your Name, a writing teacher, and an editor of The Believer magazine. She is married to writer, Dave Eggers.
Source for image
Please click here for our Literary Birthday Calendar