Caroline Gordon was born 6 October 1895, and died 11 April 1981
- A first book often has enough material in it for half a dozen.
- A well-composed book is a magic carpet on which we are wafted to a world that we cannot enter in any other way.
- We do not judge great art. It judges us.
- The novelist is entitled to use every trick of deceit and underhandedness at his or her control.
- As a rule, one must write a great many words before one learns to write well.
Source for Image
Please click here for our Literary Birthday Calendar