Happy Birthday, Kathryn Stockett, born 6 February 1969
- I sit in my little office and I feel like I’ve got all my readers staring at me.
- I always thought insanity would be a dark, bitter feeling, but it is drenching and delicious if you really roll around in it.
- It’s fun trying to make characters not too flat, meaning not all good or all bad. But it’s a challenge, too.
- The first book you write because of the way it makes you feel. The second one you can’t help but wonder how it’s going to make the reader feel.
- I’d cry, if only I had the time to do it.
- As children, we looked up to our maids and our nannies, who were playing in some ways the role of our mothers. They were paid to be nice to us, to look after us, teach us things and take time out of their day to be with us. As a child you think of these people as an extension of your mother.
- I’m sorry, but were you dropped on your head as an infant?
- Great books give you a feeling that you miss all day, until you finally get to crawl back inside those pages again.
- Write about what disturbs you, particularly if it bothers no one else.
Please click here for our Literary Birthday Calendar