Happy Birthday, David Lagercrantz, born 4 September 1962
- My life as an author has always been about brilliant, odd people.
- All great characters, great icons, in literature are a bit of a riddle, and that’s the reason we go back to them over and over.
- The beautiful thing is I have sort of grown up. I don’t care if I’m highbrow or not anymore.
- I’m always interested in talented or odd people, and my whole life I’ve written about geniuses who society has treated badly and they strike back – or not.
- I have this reporter’s temperament still in me – I thrive under pressure.
- Sometimes the best ideas occur to you while your mind is occupied with something completely different.
- How come all lunatics and murderers are religious these days?
- Who knows, perhaps the will to please leads people to crime as often as evil or greed does. People want to fit in and do well, and they do indescribably stupid things because of it.
- Those who are different, also have a tendency to think differently.
Lagercrantz is a Swedish journalist and best-selling author. He is known for I Am Zlatan Ibrahimović and The Girl In The Spider’s Web, the fourth instalment in the Millennium series originated by Stieg Larsson.
Source for image