Happy Birthday, Robin Cook, born 4 May 1940
- I believe my books are actually teaching people.
- I get up and sit myself down even if I want to do something different. You have to push yourself. You have to find that kind of discipline. I figured it out a long time ago. I have to have a separate place in my house to write. Writing is not easy. It takes a lot of effort.
- I joke that if my books stop selling, I can always fall back on brain surgery.
- If I had to do it over again, I would still study medicine. I think of myself more as a doctor who writes, rather than a writer who happens to be a doctor.
- Most of the best writers that I know have experience in some other career first. I say to people who want to be writers get some experience in something, be it as a physician or a teacher or something.
Source for image
If you’re inspired, educated, or entertained by our posts, please support us with a small monthly donation.