Happy Birthday, Christina Baker Kline, born 4 January 1964
- I’ve come to think that’s what heaven is – a place in the memory of others where our best selves live on.
- I learned long ago that loss is not only probable but inevitable. I know what it means to lose everything, to let go of one life and find another. And now I feel, with a strange, deep certainty, that it must be my lot in life to be taught that lesson over and over again.
- Time constricts and flattens, you know. It’s not evenly weighted. Certain moments linger in the mind and others disappear.
- It’s human nature to want to think the best of others, but if you listen carefully, people will always tell you who they are.
- And so it is that you learn how to pass, if you’re lucky, to look like everyone else, even though you’re broken inside.
Are you interested in more authors’ birthdays? Please click here: Literary Birthday Calendar