Happy Birthday, Kiran Desai, born 3 September 1971
- I do think that the modern India does belong to writers who are living in India.
- I’m always in the kitchen, cooking and experimenting – I love it. And every now and then I think, ‘I should write a cookbook’ or, ‘I should write for food magazines.’ And then I get drawn back to writing fiction again.
- When you write on your own, you can write the extremes. No one else is watching and you can really go as far as you need to.
- You can catch more flies with honey than with sour milk.
- The present changes the past. Looking back you do not find what you left behind.
Source for Image