Happy Birthday, Martin Cruz Smith, born 3 November 1942.
Six Martin Cruz Smith Quotes On Writing
- You have to be an outsider to write.
- I can’t write if it bores me. Two things count: it has to be interesting and I have to care about the character.
- As a novelist, I tell stories and people give me money. Then financial planners tell me stories and I give them money.
- I don’t reread a book of mine after it’s been published. All I see is shortcomings and errors. The gap between what I intended to accomplish and what I settled for is a yawning abyss.
- That’s one of the great things about what I do; I’m allowed to follow any trail.
- The research is the most interesting part… That’s how I work. I go some place and I walk it and I talk to people until I find what I’ve come for. Or not. Fortunately, I tend to find what I’m after.
Martin Cruz Smith is an American mystery novelist. He worked as a journalist in the 1960s, and began writing fiction in the early 1970s. He is best known for his Arkady Renko books, starting with Gorky Park.
Source for Image