Happy Birthday, Ransom Riggs, born 3 February 1980
- If you must fail … fail spectacularly!
- I used to dream about escaping my ordinary life, but my life was never ordinary. I had simply failed to notice how extraordinary it was.
- When someone won’t let you in, eventually you stop knocking.
- Laughing doesn’t make bad things worse any more than crying makes them better.
- One thing that’s drilled into you when you’re writing screenplays is to always keep the story moving at a healthy clip, which I tried to do in Miss Peregrine. Also, I think my writing style is fairly atmospheric and ‘visual’, if you can describe a book that way, because I find that I have trouble writing a scene unless I’ve imagined its setting completely, so that I’m describing a mental picture I’ve created in my own head.
- We cling to our fairy tales until the price for believing them becomes too high.
- The easiest kind of lying is when you leave things out of a story rather than make them up.
- Whenever I try to map things out they inevitably change. Which doesn’t mean I don’t map them out — I just try to embrace the better ideas that come along as my fingers are flying around the keyboard mid-draft!
- What an unchallenging life it would be if we always got things right on the first go.
Source for Image
Become a Writers Write patron:
If you’re inspired, educated, or entertained by our posts, please show your love with a monthly donation.