Happy Birthday, Amy Sedaris, born 29 March 1961
- Books are challenging and inspirational to me.
- I think it’s good for a person to spend time alone. It gives them an opportunity to discover who they are and to figure out why they are always alone.
- My characters always like themselves.
- I’ve named everything that I’ve ever owned. Real or inanimate, I have to give it a first and last name. Everything in my apartment comes alive at night.
- My favourite things often have a story behind them and are usually handmade or discovered at a flea market.
- If I’m creating something for myself, then I want to have fun.
- Sometimes losing a pet is more painful than losing a human because in the case of the pet, you were not pretending to love it.
- Accentuate the positives – medicate the negatives.
- I wouldn’t call myself a shut-in. I have the ability to leave my home; I just choose not to. But because I’m such a homebody, it’s important to be surrounded by things I love.
- I feel so free and open to ideas, and I get inspired by everything.
Amy Sedaris is an American actress, author, and comedian. She has written I Like You: Hospitality Under the Influence, and Simple Times: Crafts for Poor People. She has co-authored many books including Naked, Wigfield: The Can-Do Town That Just May Not, and Drive-By Comedy.
Source for Image
If you’re inspired, educated, or entertained by our posts, please show your love with a monthly donation.