Happy Birthday, Muriel Barbery, born 28 May 1969
- Personally I think that grammar is a way to attain beauty.
- I followed a long, boring course of studies in philosophy. I expected it to help me understand better that which surrounds me: but it didn’t work out that way. Literature has taught me more.
- The real ordeal is not leaving those you love but learning to live without those who don’t love you.
- To tell a group of adolescents who already know how to speak and write that that is the purpose of grammar is like telling someone that they need to read a history of toilets through the ages in order to pee and poop.
- Writing is an intimate, almost secret, activity. I only follow with my pen my own sensations and desires.
- People aim for the stars, and they end up like goldfish in a bowl. I wonder if it wouldn’t be simpler just to teach children right from the start that life is absurd.
- Talent consists not in inventing shapes but in causing those that were invisible to emerge.
Source for Image
Please click here for our Literary Birthday Calendar