Maxim Gorky was born 28 March 1868, and died 18 June 1936
Seven Maxim Gorky Quotes
- Happiness always looks small while you hold it in your hands, but let it go, and you learn at once how big and precious it is.
- You can’t do without philosophy, since everything has its hidden meaning which we must know.
- You must write for children in the same way as you do for adults, only better.
- Keep reading books, but remember that a book’s only a book, and you should learn to think for yourself.
- Just as science is the intellect of the world, art is its soul.
- When one loves somebody everything is clear – where to go, what to do – it all takes care of itself and one doesn’t have to ask anybody about anything.
- Everybody, my friend, everybody lives for something better to come. That’s why we want to be considerate of every man – Who knows what’s in him, why he was born and what he can do?
Maxim Gorky was a Russian and Soviet writer. He was a founder of the Socialist Realism literary method and a political activist. After his death Gorky was canonised as the patron saint of Soviet letters. His works are available in The Collected Short Stories of Maxim Gorky.
Become a Writers Write Patron:
If you’re inspired, educated, or entertained by our posts, please show your appreciation with a monthly donation.