Happy Birthday, Lauren Weisberger, born 28 March 1977
- So much of my own life inspires what I write. Whether it’s work, family, friends, motherhood, I am a writer who tends to write what she knows. In Revenge Wears Prada, a great deal of my own life finds its way into the book.
- As long as I’m able to actually maintain a career where I can write full-time, I’ll be thrilled.
- So much of writing is done alone in a room in sweatpants, with only the Internet for company.
- Of course I consider myself a Jewish writer – I am one! All of the protagonists in my five books have been Jewish, and I wouldn’t be surprised if all my future main characters were as well.
- It’s the hardest thing in the world to dedicate to writing, but if you do that even once a week, after six months or a year you’ll have something substantial.
Lauren Weisberger is an American novelist. She is best known for writing The Devil Wears Prada. Her other books are Revenge Wears Prada, The Singles Game, and When Life Gives You Lululemons. You can find Lauren on Facebook and Instagram.
Source for photograph
Become a Writers Write Patron:
If you’re inspired, educated, or entertained by our posts, please show your appreciation with a monthly donation.