Julia Ward Howe was born 27 May 1819 and died 17 October 1910
- Any religion which sacrifices women to the brutality of men is no religion.
- I shall stick to my resolution of writing always what I think no matter whom it offends.
- It is always legitimate to wish to rise above one’s self, never above others.
- Familiarity so dulls the edge of perception as to make us least acquainted with things forming part of our daily life.
- I never could be good when I was not happy.
Julia Ward Howe was an American poet and author. She is best known for writing The Battle Hymn of the Republic. She was also an advocate for abolitionism and a social activist for women’s suffrage.
Source for image