Julia Ward Howe was born 27 May 1819 and died 17 October 1910
- Any religion which sacrifices women to the brutality of men is no religion.
- I shall stick to my resolution of writing always what I think no matter whom it offends.
- It is always legitimate to wish to rise above one’s self, never above others.
- Familiarity so dulls the edge of perception as to make us least acquainted with things forming part of our daily life.
- I never could be good when I was not happy.
Source for image
Please click here for our Literary Birthday Calendar