Theodore Dreiser was born 27 August 1871 and died 28 December 1945
- Art is the stored honey of the human soul, gathered on wings of misery and travail.
- The most futile thing in this world is any attempt, perhaps, at exact definition of character. All individuals are a bundle of contradictions – none more so than the most capable.
- Only in rare instances and with rare individuals does there seem to be any guiding light from within.
- A thought will colour a world for us.
- Words are but the vague shadows of the volumes we mean. Little audible links, they are, chaining together great inaudible feelings and purposes.
- Assure a man that he has a soul and then frighten him with old wives’ tales as to what is to become of him afterward, and you have hooked a fish, a mental slave.
- Love is the only thing you can really give in all this world. When you give love, you give everything.
Source for image
Please click here for our Literary Birthday Calendar