Happy Birthday, Octavia Spencer, born 25 May 1972
- The way to bring about change is to be proactive and active.
- You just keep moving forward and doing what you do, and hope that it resonates with people. And if it doesn’t, you just keep moving on until you find a project that does.
- As you make your way along life’s tumultuous highways, it’s important to note that you should always carry a map, have plenty of fuel in the tank, and take frequent rest stops.
- The hardest thing about writing, for me, is facing the blank page.
- I’m not an optimist. I’m a realist. And my reality is that we live in a multifaceted, multicultural world. And maybe once we stop labeling ourselves, then maybe everyone else will.
Octavia Spencer is an American actress and author. She won the Academy Award, Golden Globe, SAG, BAFTA, and Critics’ Choice Movie Award for Best Supporting Actress for The Help. Spencer has started a children’s book series, publishing The Case of the Time-Capsule Bandit (Randi Rhodes, Ninja Detective) and The Sweetest Heist in History.
Please click here for our Literary Birthday Calendar