Happy Birthday, Eve Ensler, born 25 May 1953
- You have to give to the world the thing that you want the most, in order to fix the broken parts inside you.
- People are sad. People are broke. People are worried about money, people are worried that they’re not enough and not amounting to anything and they don’t feel good about themselves. People have rough times, and everybody’s pretending it’s not true, and we need to break that veneer.
- I think the world is always improving and always not improving. I think that both are simultaneously happening all the time.
- It’s a weird thing about the truth: It protects you. What really makes you vulnerable is when you’re lying because you’re going to get caught. When you tell the truth, there’s a strange relief that comes.
- If we are to end violence against women, the whole story has to change.
Eve Ensler is an American playwright, performer, feminist, and activist. She is best known for her play The Vagina Monologues.
Source for photograph